Monday, June 10, 2019

Water Water Everywhere!

Hello!
Water is essential to life.  We have all heard that, but it is true.  The average adult is made up of 30%-65% water.  That needs to be replenished, with water!  We drink a lot of things during the day, but nothing we drink is what we need.  We must have water as a matter of life, and when you fill up with coffee, alcohol, soda, or energy drinks, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.  How do you drink water all day?  Here's how I do it:

I bought a cup.  It holds 36 ounces.  I drink a total of 5-6 of those big cups of water daily, even when I work.  I do end up in the bathroom several times a day, but I've told myself that it is simply what I have to do.  Filling up with water before eating does help.  I learned that in Weight Watchers, the six times I tried that one!  Ended up gaining each time I went on it.  Anyway, water is the most essential thing we need - even more than food.  When you think about it that way, then you will naturally gravitate to water.  I hated drinking water until I found the ultimate flavor enhancers.

Water drops are my friend.  The lovely flavored drop are sugar free, you don't have to squirt much out of the bottle to achieve the desired flavor, and they are a lot cheaper than soda or beer.  In my fat life and fat thinking, I would drink a 12 pack of soda a day and beer.  It was a tremendously unhealthy lifestyle.  I was constantly thirsty, and my body was in a state of despair.  It was dying!  When I came home from the hospital last year after surgery, I started on the drops.  My favorite flavors?
Raspberry Lemonade and Strawberry and Watermelon.  Yum!

I have about 3 coffees a week.  That's recent.  I drank a load of frappes and frappucinos per week, and now I only treat myself or need a wake me up some days that I tutor.  Got to be awake for the kiddos! I drink soda once a week, if that, and only Dr. Pepper or Root Beer.  I used to be addicted to Diet Coke (see above), and I hate the taste of it now.  I prefer the two I mentioned, and if you are going to eat or drink, make sure it is something you really want.  I rarely have alcohol, as I don't keep it in the house.  All of it was hard to give up or cut down on, because we like what we like, and we get stuck in ruts.  Break out and decide what you actually want.  Think about it before you decide.  Really want that last beer?  Is soda that important?  For goodness sake, it will melt the acid off of a car battery, so what makes us think it is good for us?

Let's all do ourselves a favor, and give our bodies what it is thirsty for!

Up tomorrow?  Support from family and friends.  Join me on my journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment