Friday, June 7, 2019

100 Pounds Down Without A Diet!

Diet again?  Dieting has always put weight on me!  When I began to lose weight a year ago, I realized that I did NOT want to choose a "Food Plan."  I cut portions instead - drastically from what I did eat.  I moved out of the chair and onto the beach, the pool, the streets for walking, and I decided to make exercise part of everything.  Move, I say!

People have told me my entire adult life to cut portions and move more.  Simple, they say. Well, it took 25 years to get here, but I am telling you, it is easier than you think.  Depriving yourself as part of a diet is not the way to go.  I eat anything I want, seriously.  I have the cake, the candy, and any other sweets I want.  I drink an occasional soda, which I gave up 8 years ago, but that's when I drank them like water.  Now, I drink water like water! HA!

I had lung cancer last year, and I had a lobe removed.  It scared the hell out of me.  I decided to try to cut down on food, and I had to walk to build up my lungs again.  I was terrified that I could not breathe.  I couldn't walk to the bathroom without oxygen.  I never want to go back there.  It was very unpleasant.  I simply had to make a decision whether to live or not.  I chose life.

I would like to take you on my journey at this point.  I have another 80-100 to lose.  Don't know what it will look like when I get there, so that is the range for now. I will rev up my exercise, since in the past month, I have plateaued.  I am beginning Sunday Zumba, and yoga and swimming during the week.  We'll see!

In this blog, I will share my tips, strategies, and anything else I can think of to help someone else.  It can be done!  Stay tuned for more tomorrow.  Join me and subscribe-- Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment