Sunday, June 9, 2019

Exercise! Fun!

Hello!  Today has been awesome so far, as I went to Zumba this morning.  When I got home, I went swimming.  I'll do some bedtime yoga tonight to relax and sleep well.  I never would have thought of exercising three times in one day, but think about it: all my exercise for the day is only one hour and thirty minutes long.  It's really only a fraction of your day, and if you are serious about losing weight, the exercise gets to be addictive, fun, and not like work at all.  Really.  I couldn't even think of exercise a year ago.  However, I started by just walking, and I worked myself up to a day like today.  I can't do all this every day, but you would be surprised at how you can put it in your day if you want to.  It is a frame of mind you have to put yourself in.

My stepmom encouraged me to walk a lot.  We go shopping, to the beach, walk around her neighborhood, and to Friday Fest nights, where we would shop, walk, and talk.  Having someone who you trust and can talk to really makes the "work" of getting in shape easier.  I will talk more about supportive people around you in another post, but you get the idea.  Visiting with family and friends and taking a walk with them to chat is one of the best things you can do.  I find it to be relaxing and fun.  You begin to concentrate on the person, and not food or alcohol.

I have found that a routine of the same exercise to be boring and depressing.  You have to do it.  It is work.  I hate machines like the treadmill or elliptical.  As my Uncle Frank has said, "Why don't you simply walk outside?  It's a lot more interesting than a machine."  He's right.  I don't know what I'll do for the day when I wake in the morning.  I just build it into my day.  It is called living.  Life can't be spent at home, sheltered from the world, eating and eating.  That's what big people do.  It's what I did.  Get out and enjoy life!

Whatever you do to improve your health, just make it interesting, fun, and a challenge you want to meet.  I have to jack up my exercise now that I have plateaued.  I also need to add muscle building, as I am very, very soft!  UGH!  That's just part of losing weight, but frankly, I am working out to get rid of fat and wrinkles.  Lots of loose arms going on, flying about.  Losing a massive amount of weight causes extra fat, skin, and not so pleasant body areas that just won't ever be like when I was 20 or 30, or even 40.  I am 51 now, and I need all the help I can get!  If you need some motivation, e-mail me!

Up tomorrow, water water everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment