Sunday, June 16, 2019

Food Challenges on Vacation!

Hello!

I took a couple of days off, as I am on vacation.  I have had some eating challenges while here, but none have been hard- except lunch at Mimi's Café.  Let's set the scene: old friends, relaxed atmosphere, and really good smells coming from the kitchen.  They have one of those menus where just about everything looks great, and is different than what you normally eat.  It is a French inspired restaurant, if you are not familiar with Mimi's.  I was eager to eat!

I looked over the menu with care, drooling all the way!  I finally decided on a bowl of French Onion soup, a French Dip sandwich, French fries, and I was looking at dessert, too!  I wanted it all, and didn't think it was unreasonable, and I already had a piece of a baguette with butter on it.  What to do?

I looked around at all the tables, and the portions were huge.  It was a lot of food, but I was determined to eat it all, and not gain any weight.  I did not look at calories at the time, but this is what I wanted in calories:

French Onion Soup - 450 calories
French Dip Sandwich - 580 calories
Caramel apple pie - 500 calories
French Fries - ?
2 pieces of a baguette - ?

I thought I could eat all of this.  I wanted to eat it.  They did not have the calories listed for the fries or bread, but you can imagine that it wouldn't be good to add that to the 1,130 calories I already wanted.  So, here's what I did:

I ate the French Onion Soup and 3 baguette pieces, and every bite was heaven.  I did not get anything else, even though my table had their specialty muffins.  Yummy looking, to be sure.  I was full, though.  I was not stuffed, but full.  I enjoyed the company, and a wee baby that was with us, visiting.  She is 10 months old, and lots of fun.  It's hard to eat when you are making faces at a baby!

I ended up having 450 calories and the bread, and I didn't know the calories till just now, when I looked them up!  I am proud of myself.  Not bad.  Blindly, I made some right decisions.  I feel much better now.  My belly was full, my palate satisfied, and it was enough!

Up Tomorrow:  Changes in the Body after Weight Loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment