Thursday, June 20, 2019

Losing Weight on Vacation? Yup!

Hello!

I am losing more weight, after a little plateau.  I even lost 3 pounds while in North Carolina last week.  How?  I watched portions, although I had everything I really wanted.  I walked a lot.  I walked hills, and not the flat land of Florida.  It was challenging, particularly with my lungs not yet at full power after the surgery last year.  I huffed and puffed going up some hills, losing my breath once.  I had to keep my inhaler close.  The point is, I did not let that stop me.  I adapted.

I am leaving for a family event tomorrow, flying to Saint Louis, Missouri.  I've never been there before, and all I can think of is BBQ!  Funny, I know.  However, it is human nature to think of food, entertainment, and other comforts when traveling.  I am going with my super supportive step-mom.  I suggested that we split every big restaurant meal, so we can try different things while still eating less than we would if we ordered two meals, two desserts, etc...

I did some research on restaurants in St. Louis, and where we will be staying; the portions of food are humongous.  Land of the Free and Home of the Fat!  LOL  No, really, Americans have taken portion sizes to a whole new level.  Also, everything looks completely delicious!  UGH.  Extra challenging!  We'll see.  I'll update you on Monday, after I get back.  I plan on walking a load to get all the food off.  That's the best approach while vacationing.  Exercise your food off.  Just to stay even, if nothing else.  I also drank a ton of water.

Well, ta-ta till Monday - wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment